Welcome to “And-One,” the Voice’s post-game notebook for all news, stats, and notes following each Georgetown men’s basketball game.
- Sophomore forward Paul White missed Saturday’s game with a minor hip injury suffered earlier this week. White was sidelined as a precautionary measure and should be ready to play Tuesday night against No. 3 Maryland.
- The Hoyas made their first 18 free-throw attempts to start the game. They only made 5-of-14 for the remainder of the game. Senior center Bradley Hayes went 1-of-5 from the free-throw line during the two overtime periods.
- The Hoyas are 12-10 in overtime games under Head Coach John Thompson III. The Hoyas last played in overtime at Marquette last season, winning 95-85 on Jan. 24. The Hoyas’ last double-overtime game was on Feb. 27, 2013, when they defeated Connecticut on the road 79-78. In double-overtime games, the Hoyas are 2-2 under Thompson.
- The Hoyas are 2-1 all-time against Radford. The Hoyas defeated Radford last season 76-49 and 110-51 during the 2007-08 season. They are 12-1 all-time against teams from the Big South Conference.
- The Hoyas are 9-3 all-time in season openers under Thompson, with a 6-2 mark in games played at Verizon Center.
- Former Georgetown forward Otto Porter Jr. of the NBA’s Washington Wizards was in attendance Saturday afternoon.
- For those gambling aficionados, Georgetown entered Saturday’s game as 18.5-point favorites.
For the Voice’s game recap story, click here.