Welcome to “And-Ones,” the Voice’s post-game notebook for all news, stats, and notes following each Georgetown men’s basketball game.
- Sophomore forward Paul White missed his second consecutive game due to a hip injury. White has missed six games total this season due to the injury, including the first four of the season.
- Georgetown leads the all-time series between the two Jesuit schools 11-9.
- Georgetown’s win snaps a two-losing streak at Verizon Center. The Hoyas have lost three consecutive home games only twice under Head Coach John Thompson III. In both of those occurrences, 2008-09 and 2013-14, the Hoyas did not make the NCAA Tournament.
- With his 15 points, senior guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera moved into 11th place on the all-time scoring list. Smith-Rivera passed both John Duren and Mark Tillmon after entering the game in possession of 13th place.
- Sightings: Jonathan Wallace, starting point guard of the 2007 Final Four team, was in attendance. Otto Porter Jr. also sat in his customary seat on the baseline next to John Thompson Jr.
- For those gambling aficionados, Georgetown entered Saturday’s game as 7.0-point favorites. The over/under was 141.5 points.
For the full recap of Saturday’s game, click here.