Welcome to “And-Ones,” the Voice’s post-game notebook for all news, stats, and notes following each Georgetown men’s basketball game.
- The Hoyas are now 9-7 at home, tying the program record for most home losses in a season with the 1971-72 season, the year before John Thompson Jr. became head coach.
Saturday was the annual Gray Out game, with the first 9,000 fans receiving t-shirts. The Hoyas are 5-2 all-time in Gray Out games. Of note, many t-shirts went unclaimed due to a abnormally low student turnout for a Saturday game.
- Xavier leads the all-time series between the two schools 9-4. Since the Musketeers joined the Big East, they are 5-2 against the Hoyas. The Hoyas are 2-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera’s 18 points Saturday were enough to pass Othella Harrington for fifth-place on the Hoyas’ all-time scoring list. With his four made three-pointers on the day, he now breaks the tie between him and Jonathan Wallace for first place on the school’s all-time three-pointers made list.
- Sightings: Former Hoya greats Othella Harrington and Jerome Williams.
- For those gambling aficionados, Georgetown entered Saturday’s game as 3-point underdogs. The over/under was 149 points.