Photos from Flickr
- GU Pride hosts ninth annual Georgetown Drag Ball : Vox Populi – The Georgetown Voice Blog on Community effort needed to curb cissexism at Georgetown
- HALFTIME – Submit to the Voice’s Photo Contest on 2013 Voice Photo Contest Winners
- Brad on Kennedy Institute to begin new MOOC next Tuesday
- GU Fossil Free Members Three of 371 to be Arrested at White House | GU Fossil Free on Carrying On: Ziptied to the cause
- Georgetown Celebrates 10th Annual Rigby Weekend : Vox Populi – The Georgetown Voice Blog on The story behind Daniel Rigby’s life and death, and what’s happening to off-campus life
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Fall Fashion: Breaking the Fall
This year, to up the ante for our annual Fall Fashion issue, we returned to the simplicity of the early ‘90s with modern touches and more attitude.
The looks feature more raw materials: cotton, wool, denim, and leather. You won’t find many logos on the clothes. It’s not about being conspicuous; it’s about being comfortable and confident. You don’t need to look glam to look great.
There is enough deconstruction (rolled up cutoffs, ripped off sleeves, upside down jean jackets) in these garments that instead of simply wearing them, you make them work for you. It’s about beauty through function.
So this season, instead of “dressing for success,” dress for yourself
Produced by Nico Dodd
Directed by Antwaun Sargent
Photographed by Lexie Herman
Modeled by Alana Blaylock, Alison Jordan & Arthur Colker
Styled by Lauren D’Souza, Sooji Kim, Katherine Shabalov & Stefane Victor
Makeup By Neha Ghanshamdas